Friday, October 2, 2009

A Chipette off the Old Block

I'm not sure exactly what got this whole thing started but it may have something to do with the inevitable combination of genetics and daddy's girl syndrome. As you can see, Maddie has become smitten with sitting at my fly tying bench and playing with anything and everything she can get her hands on. She gets angry if we try to remove her from this new perch of hers. For me it is a mixture of pride, frustration and more pride - part of me can't wait to foster the possible interest in one of my favorite pass times, but I definitely get tired of picking up my materials being scattered to the four winds. I am afraid that at any moment my child is going to wind up getting hooked in the mouth like a fish. All the same, it is so adorable, I just can't say no. So tonight I decided to join in the fun and let her "hep, hep" tie up a fly or two.








1 comment: