Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Broccoli Cheese Soup



Who out there loves broccoli cheese soup as much as I do?  A baguette for dipping and you don't just have soup, you've got a meal.  Well, as much as I'd like to take credit for this one, this is a recipe I got from Food Network and it is both easy and delicious.  You can get the recipe by checking out the almost-famous broccoli cheddar soup recipe online.  The only modifications I suggest would be to whisk the butter with a little water to create a beurre monté rather than simply melting the butter down and allowing it to seperate.   I would also julienne rather than dice the carrots, which will help them to all cook to the proper tenderness consistently.  Other than these two things, the recipe is very solid; use only fresh ingredients for the best result.  If you decide to try your hand at making this soup, I would love to hear your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment