Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Temple Fork Professional Series Fly Rods


The Pro Series are practicle, no non-sense rods which is why I own two of these little jewels. My 4wt I use for trout and panfish and the 8wt I use for inshore saltwater species like trout and reds. For the price and considering the no fault warrantee, I think the TFO Pro Series is an overall good value.  They do come with a rod sock but in my opinion should probably include a tube. I love a four piece rod because they are travel and storage friendly. The blanks are medium fast and cast like a rocket, so if you prefer more of a medium action, you should probably consider casting one before you buy. That said, the nice thing is these rods will launch an oversized fly and cut through wind. The guides are nice but the overall finish of guide wraps is only about a 6 out of 10. The blanks are matte finished and are constructed from IM6 graphite. The reel seat hardware is no frills. I find that the 6wt rods and smaller have much more appealing reel seat, sporting a carbon fiber finished insert and nickle coated hardware. My biggest beef with these rods has been with the  "premium cork" which turns out, in my experience, to be less than premium. That said, I will testify TFO customer service and no fault warrantee are the real deal and if you aren't satisfied, just send them the rod and a replacement comes back promptly with no questions asked. At the end of the day, it's easy to see why so many guides opt for the TFO Pro Series for daily use.  If you're looking for a practicle rod with good performance and a warrantee you can trust, look no further.

No comments:

Post a Comment