This is a wonderful frittata recipe I got from the Get Toasted series of recipes by Eric Ripert, renouned French chef best known for his partnership along with Maguy Le Coze in the world-class seafood restaurant now located in New York - Le Bernardin, one of only five restaurants in NY to be awarded three Michelin stars.
This is a very simple preparation and only takes 8 minutes to cook. If you're not familiar, a frittata is simply a baked omelet, which is very popular in southern France, Italy, and Spain.
- Prepare a mini cast iron pan or iron mini server by brushing with olive oil.
- Preheat conventional oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat two eggs seasoned with fresh ground pepper and salt.
- Next take a zucchini and julienne to match-stick size pieces and season with salt/pepper.
- Add zucchini to the eggs along with fresh parmesan and a few torn leaves of mint.
- Pour ingredients into pan and place in pre-heated oven for 8 minutes or until lightly browned as pictured above. Eggs should be very moist.
- Allow to rest a few minutes before eating as pan and the frittata will be very hot
You could vary this recipe by using a variety of herbs and vegetables just as with an omelet, so be creative and enjoy!