Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pumpkin Roll - Amber Special




One of my favorite desserts as a kid was my mom's homemade pumpkin roll.  She almost never took the time to make it, but when she did, all was right with the world.  We used to like to eat it chilled to the point that the cream cheese icing was almost frozen like a pop-sickle.  It's a fond memory for me.

So, you can imagine my excitement to come from work to this little blast from the past.  Amber says, "Do you want to take a picture of it?"  I just said, "Ummm...no...I want to eat it."  And it was so.  Of course, being the type of guy who is willing to make any excuse to formulate a blog post, here you have it.  And guess what, it worked because here you are reading my otherwise non-event story about a pumpkin roll.

If you want the recipe, you'll find it at here at Epicurious.com

Of course, true to Southern tradition, Amber replaced the lame walnuts with pecans!

Thanks Dear - you made my day a little better as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment