Wednesday, September 30, 2009

First Post

I've been debating for a long time about starting a blog. It seems like such a silly thing to do, really. But I eventually decided that if no one is interested in what I have to say, then no one will read and no one will care. However, if by some chance like minded men or women find themselves intrigued by our little dialogue, then my intention of sharing my life, all be it in a small way with others, will be served.

I love so many things about life. I love my God, my family, my friends, my country, and my hobbies (of which there are many - perhaps to a fault). While life and time do not permit indulgence and exhaustive exploration of all interests, I think it is fair to say from my own experience and short walk in time, one has time for whatever he makes time. If you are motivated and disciplined to learn, you can accomplish a great deal of learning and experience in very little time.

Life is short and everyone dies. So I would rather experience as much of the good and wholesome things life has to offer now, while I am blessed with the ability to do so, than to live a mundane existence only to find I wasted my life away waiting for something good to happen. That said, I am not an existentialist (although it may sound like it) because I believe all of time is fused with meaning. We learn from the past, we live in the present, we plan for the future. Ultimately, we will all spend an eternity either with God or separated from Him, and that is most important. So since I believe God created man with purpose, I reserve to live for God and yes, to simply live. So there you have it. My blogging begins and that is my philosophy in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment