Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Seared Scallops with Bacon Sherry Vinaigrette


Seared scallops are a bit overdone in my opinion.  In fact, I rarely order them because I prefer to cook them myself and would rather order something I wouldn't be able to have any other night of the week.  That said, you can't help but love these little nuggets of the sea.  I've found a great local seafood market called Neptunes here in Richmond that sells fresh sea scallops, never previously frozen, and sold "dry" which means they haven't been soaked in any preservatives which also increase their weight making the cost go up for a lesser quality product.  The recipe I used to make the dish above actually comes from Rouxbe.com, an online cooking school of which I am a member.  The good news is this recipe is a freebie to anyone and is one of my favorites because it is such a crowd pleaser and so easy to execute.  I suggest you look it up and follow the video instructions which are quite simple: Seared Scallops with Bacon Sherry Dressing and Spinach.  I served this simple recipe with a simple roasted butternut squash bisque flavored with chicken stock, bay leaves, and fresh ground nutmeg.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment