Monday, January 10, 2011

Top 10 Posts of 2010



It's hard for me to believe I started this little blog online journal over a year ago.  Since it's the new year, I decided to take a moment to reflect back on some of the more popular posts from 2010, if for no other reason than to unashamedly fabricate yet another blog post from out of thin air.  More practically, it also serves to give new comers a succinct list of my most popular posts over the past year.

In 2010, I averaged about one post every other day.  That said, I don't feel like I said very much and certainly not nearly as much as I'd like concerning things I know are the most important.  In my defense, I think you'd agree that posting on the "lighter" topics (such as cooking or fly fishing) are by nature much easier to post about frequently without sacrificing quality in contrast with more gravitas matters, such as theology or philosophy where the more you say, the greater the chance of heresy (i.e. foot-in-mouth syndrome)

As I look back, I'm intrigued by the posts that get the most views and those that get the least. Google searchability, no doubt, played an key role here.  No matter if SRM gets 100 views a day or just 1, I continue to thoroughly enjoy blogging if for no other reason than for my own mental health.  Writing is medicinal for me because I get to express myself freely on whatever topic I want.  I also get to look back (and laugh) about my own musings and misadventures.

Here is a look back on the Top 10 Posts by Popularity from SRM in 2010 followed by own my personal picks (in addition to the most popular) in an Editors Choice Top 10:

Top 10 Posts by Popularity:

1. Catalina 25 Restoration Project Complete  (perfect example of a search engine effect)
2. Why do bad things happen to good people?
3. Navy Seal PT and the Combat Side Stroke
4. Pacific Seacraft 31 - My Ideal Cruiser and Thoughts on Live Aboard Sailing
5. Maddie at the Vise
6. Chocolate Souffle by Sarah Duncan
7. Random things that are annoying... 
8. Blood Knot Magazine Holiday Issue #3 - Volume 1
9. Christian Copy-Cat Theories Refuted
10. Ice Cream Made from Snow - "Snow Cream"

Editors Choice Top 10 (in no particular order)

1. What if Jesus Came to Church on Sunday?
2. My Baby Girls "Reading" a Book
3. Roasted Chicken Nautilus
4. The Great Questioner
5. Dessert for Breakfast
6. Southern Summer Fly Fishing
7. Best Chicken Marsala Ever
8. Missionary to Nepal - Shashi Bhandari
9. How a Land-Lover Becomes a Sailor
10. Summer Wine - Bottling at Home

No comments:

Post a Comment